Entrepreneur and philanthropist Lee H. Brandenburg began his real estate career in 1955 with the development of custom homes in the Santa Clara Valley of Northern California and a residential subdivision in the city of Saratoga. In an era of enormous opportunity and growth, Brandenburg proved adept at identifying significant trends and needs, and he gained a reputation for quality and integrity. As a result, his companies engaged in a broad spectrum of real estate activities as the South San Francisco Bay Area evolved into the high-technology center that became Silicon Valley.
During the 1960s and 1970s, Lee Brandenburg and two other real estate professionals, Rudy Staedler and John Moore, developed commercial centers, office buildings and shopping centers through their partnership Brandenburg, Staedler & Moore (BS&M). From 1967 to 1979, BS&M also built 17 five-star mobilehome communities with nearly 5,000 spaces in the greater San Francisco Bay Region. The company continues to own and manage 14 of these communities, consisting of approximately 3,500 spaces. You can access BSM Mobile Home Communites at (www.bsmcommunities.com).
In 1978, Lee teamed with his son, Eric, to form Brandenburg Properties, which through its affiliated entities, owns land and leased commercial properties in Northern and Southern California, Georgia, South Carolina, Texas, Louisiana, Illinois and British Columbia. At any one time,
the company will have 2,500 to 3,000 acres of commercial or residential property in its
land bank for future entitlement and development. The company also acquires
and owns developed parcels as long-term income-producing investments.
The firm added William B. (“Bill”) Baron, Chuck Butters, Ron Zraick and
Joe DiLeo over the course of the past 25 years to enhance its
abilities in its areas of expertise.